Hi! I'm Ashley and I pop in from time to time as my life allows to share snippets of my life as I use my hands to create printables, make my house a home, teach my preschooler at home, find my roots through family history and anything else that I can make time for.
I hope you'll follow me here and on Pinterest as I seek to make my hands His hands.



LDS Apostles Printable Cards

With General Conference right around the corner and a rambuctious 3 year old, I knew I had to find something to keep him entertained while we watch. He knows the prophet, but I want him to learn about all the apostles, what they teach us and why Conference is so important. I hope you enjoy this Apostle Printable as much as I do!

Use this 3 page PDF printable which includes a card for each apostle with their ordination date as well as ideas for use and fun additional "informational cards" to:
Teach your children to identify the apostles, know their ordination dates, understand the organization of the general authorities, listen for key words during conference, play games like match and "go fish", study specific topics in family home evening...and much more!

The printable includes a whole list of uses for during general conference and after conference is over (Think Family Home Evening and teaching). My favorite part is the list of "keywords" that we will hear during conference (compiled using the "study by topic" section of lds.org). I plan to use that as a springboard for our FHE and other teaching moments...as well as studying them all myself....I included the instructions to count how many times each word is said, that repetition sure does help!

After conference is over, I will be making our cards into a "mini book" for church. I think these cards will be getting a lot of use in our house!




All information was found on lds.org including pictures

I want to know:
How does your family "celebrate" general conference?


10 comments:

  1. I'm glad I just found your blog at a link party! I'm a new follower and would love to have you come and share this at my first link party running now through Saturday night. I'd also love for you to follow me too, if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already printed these! Thank you so much! I'm a new follower and would love it if you would come share these at my linky party...Mushki Loves My Stuff...going on right now!

    http://www.mushkiloves.com/2012/03/mushki-loves-my-stuff-22.html

    Have a great day!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just in time for conference! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We love having you and hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much. Cute idea. We are looking forward to doing this with our grandson. It should be fun and keep him quiet so the rest can listen. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice idea. Are you working for any Plastic Cards Printing company?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you be able to share a quality service regarding print plastic cards?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. So sorry that I am just responding. I am getting back on the blogging wagon. You can find updated instructions at : http://ourhandshishands.blogspot.com/2012/03/free-printable-apostle-card-updated.html Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Is there anyway you could email this to me. I am having a hard time downloading these. If you could email it to jamestwilliams33@msn.com.
    THanks!

    ReplyDelete